Full sources ULM Modula-2 compiler
j***@gmail.com
2016-02-06 00:42:08 UTC
When looking for an old copy of httpd.conf I found this:

modula-src-3.0b8.tar.gz

It is the Ulm Modula-2 compiler with full source code in C for the actual compiler plus all libraries in Modula-2 native code.

Perhaps it can be adapted for the job at hand, while saving thousands of man-hours in programming.

You can download it from http://fruttenboel.verhoeven272.nl/tmp/
Chris Burrows
2016-02-06 11:22:13 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
modula-src-3.0b8.tar.gz
It is the Ulm Modula-2 compiler with full source code in C for the actual compiler plus all libraries in Modula-2 native code.
I believe that is just part of what is available. The Ulm Modula-2 website is here:

http://www.mathematik.uni-ulm.de/modula/
Nemo
2016-02-07 02:43:38 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
modula-src-3.0b8.tar.gz
It is the Ulm Modula-2 compiler with full source code in C
for the actual compiler
Only the compiler driver (m2c) is in C. The compiler proper (in the
directly ms8) is in Modula-2.

Incidentaly, the Ulm site seems inaccessible at present. The last time
that this happened, they had changed anonymous ftp rules. They
corrected them when I asked. But this time, no one seems to answer.

N.
Chris Burrows
2016-02-07 12:22:31 UTC
I jut tried using Beyond Compare as my ftp client and initially had problems. The command log showed that it was hanging after sending a PASV command. Once I unchecked the 'Passive mode' option on Beyond Compare's Firewall / Proxy settings I was able to download the files without further problems.
Nemo
2016-02-09 14:28:23 UTC
Post by Chris Burrows
I jut tried using Beyond Compare as my ftp client and initially had problems.
The command log showed that it was hanging after sending a PASV command.
Thank you, Chris, that was it -- switching to active mode did it.

N.