Logitech m2: hello anyone out there?
Carl Glassberg
2012-01-14 22:24:16 UTC
Hello:

Is there anyone here using Logitech 3.40 or a more recent version?

1) I am wondering if anyone has upgraded to the latest version?
2) Is there still active support for it?

I contacted Logitech but Modula-2 doesn't appear in the product
support pages.

Carl Glassberg
Chris Burrows
2012-01-15 13:21:23 UTC
Post by Carl Glassberg
Is there anyone here using Logitech 3.40 or a more recent version?
1) I am wondering if anyone has upgraded to the latest version?
2) Is there still active support for it?
I contacted Logitech but Modula-2 doesn't appear in the product
support pages.
Carl Glassberg
TERRA Datentechnik have it listed on their website:

http://www.terraterra.ch/modula-2/index.html

Chris Burrows
CFB Software
http://www.cfbsoftware.com/modula2
Martin Brown
2012-01-27 16:40:02 UTC
Post by Chris Burrows
Post by Carl Glassberg
Is there anyone here using Logitech 3.40 or a more recent version?
1) I am wondering if anyone has upgraded to the latest version?
2) Is there still active support for it?
I contacted Logitech but Modula-2 doesn't appear in the product
support pages.
Carl Glassberg
http://www.terraterra.ch/modula-2/index.html
Amazed they are still selling it. Well past its sell by date now!!!
(it was looking fairly pedestrian on x86 kit even in the 90's)

Unless you are extremely wedded to a prehistoric slow multipass compiler
it would make sense to take a look at XDS as an alternative.
ISTR that is now free and a slightly improved version is out.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Carl Glassberg
2012-03-19 20:29:24 UTC
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Anyone have an opinion of the ADW/Stony Brook m2 system?
It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit processors (Intel/Windows O/S).

Probably should have put this as a new topic.

Carl
---
Martin Brown
Chris Burrows
2012-03-19 21:22:03 UTC
Post by Carl Glassberg
Thanks everyone for the feedback!
Anyone have an opinion of the ADW/Stony Brook m2 system?
It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit processors (Intel/Windows O/S).
Probably should have put this as a new topic.
See the reply to my post "Two new Modula-2 releases" on 30 Dec 2011 in this
newsgroup,

Chris
m***@gmail.com
2017-04-11 06:14:15 UTC
The ADW compiler is a slightly tweaked version of the fabulous Stony Brook M2 compiler. I built many fantastic products using the stony brook compiler. It was incredibly fast, and had only a few tiny errors. the ADW people have fixed most of the remaining tiny errors, and it is a near perfect product. Incredibly fast, and tiny executables. It runs circles around Java and other more ponderous languages. Too bad people don't value simplicity and clarity as much as billable hours!